Trucking Accident Attorneys in Roseville Serving Northern CA
Experienced legal support for severe injuries
Commercial semi-trucks play an essential role in bringing you the goods you use every day. But sharing the roads with a vehicle that can weigh as much as 40 tons poses serious risk of severe accidental injuries to motorists, injuries that may significantly exceed the limits of insurance coverage.
If you have been injured in a trucking accident in or near Sacramento or Roseville, you need the legal assistance of truck accident lawyers with specific experience handling these complex claims. The founder of The Davis Law Firm, Jeffery Davis, has almost three decades of experience and the specialized legal knowledge needed to protect your rights against powerful trucking companies.
Common causes of truck accidents
In 2007, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration conducted the Large Truck Crash Causation Study, which studied a national representative sampling from 120,000 large truck crashes that took place between 2001 and 2003. The study cites driver fatigue, alcohol use and speeding as major factors causing truck accidents. Other contributing factors included:
- Driver non-performance, recognition, decision and performance errors, which can involve inexperience or even exhaustion
- Vehicle issues, including brake or tire problems or shifts in cargo
- Work pressure from the carrier
How experienced truck accident lawyers address the unique issues
To develop effective cases on behalf of their injured clients in Roseville or throughout the state, trucking accident attorneys must identify all parties who may share liability for these accidents. Truck accident lawyer Mr. Davis carefully examines all evidence, including carrier records, to determine the true causes, such as the following:
- Carriers may place undue deadline pressure on drivers, causing them to work beyond their personal fatigue thresholds or choose more dangerous routes that increase the risk of collisions.
- Shortcuts taken when inspecting and loading a truck can cause vehicle issues that result in a driver losing control of the truck.
- Substandard parts and insufficient testing can result in dangerous performance issues when a truck returns to service after undergoing repairs.
Contact an experienced truck accident attorney in Roseville for a free consultation
Trucking accidents often pit severely injured individuals against the power of truck companies, their insurance carriers and their attorneys — all devoted to protecting their corporate interests. As an experienced truck accident lawyer in Roseville, Mr. Davis knows the local, state and federal laws governing trucking operations, and he understands the operations and responsibilities of trucking companies. For a free consultation with The Davis Law Firm, call us at 916-789-1777 or contact us online.
We operate on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees unless we successfully resolve your claim.